[meta-freescale] IMX53 read Mac Address from IIM

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 02:36:59 PST 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 7:59 AM, Simone <cjb.sw.nospam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Actually we have a problem with the MAC address of the network on our IMX53
> board.
>
> The MAC id is actually stored on the SD card, instead of the IIM (inside
> CPU).
>
> This cause that if we change the SD card, without writing the correct MACid
> in the bootloader env. variables,  the DHCP server give me a different IP
> address.
>

> There is a way to load the Mac from IIM fuses?
>
> How to do this?
>

> I am able to write in the IIM but I don’t know how to tell bootloader to
> load from IIM instead of boot variable…

This is not related to meta-fsl-arm, so it would be better to post
U-boot related questions into the U-boot list.

By default the MAC address is read from the fuses in mainline U-boot.

If you delete the ethaddr manually, ie: 'setenv ethaddr', then you
will notice that during the next boot the ethaddr will be read from
the fuses and then stored into the SD card.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam