[meta-freescale] IMX53 read Mac Address from IIM

Simone cjb.sw.nospam at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 01:59:39 PST 2013

Hello,

Actually we have a problem with the MAC address of the network on our IMX53
board.

The MAC id is actually stored on the SD card, instead of the IIM (inside
CPU).

This cause that if we change the SD card, without writing the correct MACid
in the bootloader env. variables,  the DHCP server give me a different IP
address.

There is a way to load the Mac from IIM fuses?

How to do this?

I am able to write in the IIM but I don't know how to tell bootloader to
load from IIM instead of boot variable.

Many Thanks

Simone