[meta-freescale] Regarding GStreamer-1.x status on iMX6Q

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Mon Nov 18 08:54:22 PST 2013

On 2013-11-18 17:07, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> (adding Carlos in Cc)
>
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Joshua Kurland
> <joshua.kurland at adtecdigital.net> wrote:
>> Can anyone give a status update on the stability/functionality of
>> gstreamer-1.x plugin on the imx6Q?  The readme page has listed it in
>> alpha for a while.
>>
>> For the application that I am working on, it would be more beneficial
>> to use 1.x.  If their is still work to be done with porting it over, I
>> would be available to help as long as someone points me in the right
>> direction.
> Carlos did the current public work for 1.0 support. He may provided a
> good status update on this.

I prefer this email address :)

Current status: decoder has been running stable for me. h264 encoder has
been working stable too. mpeg2,h263,mpeg4p2 encoders haven't been tested
as much.
There are a few known bugs in the IPU transform and eglvivsink transform
plugins. The reason why it is still alpha is that some features are
missing (second deinterlace mode, some element properties, and 3D
support). Once this is done, I'll switch to beta. The planned release of
the beta version is end of November.

Carlos