[meta-freescale] R: iMX6qsabresd pci express to pci compatibility

Simone cjb.sw.nospam at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 07:27:46 PST 2013

Thank you, I will give it a try.

Ciao

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: meta-freescale-bounces at yoctoproject.org
[mailto:meta-freescale-bounces at yoctoproject.org] Per conto di Marco
Inviato: venerdì 15 novembre 2013 20:37
A: meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org
Oggetto: Re: [meta-freescale] iMX6qsabresd pci express to pci compatibility

Il 15/11/2013 19:55, Simone ha scritto:
> Hello all,
> I wanto to try to interface our custom canbus board which has a PCI
> interface with the imx6 sabre sd board, which has a mini-pciEx connector.
> We bought a simple converter from miniPci express to 2x PCI slots.
> This converter have a PLX *PEX8112 *Bridge and the producer is amfeltec.
> You can see the product here:
> http://www.amfeltec.com/products/minipcie-to-pci-adapter.php
>
> Do you know if this solution is already supported by the fsl bsp (dora
> branch) ?
> Or maybe we have to do some work?
>
> Thanks
> Simone

Hi Simone,
I also have done a quick test using an Atheros Wifi PCI/e just to see if it
worked with my i.MX6Q. And the kernel saw it.

In your case, looks like the kernel 3.0.35 may already support your device
http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v3.0.35/arch/powerpc/boot/dts/xpedite5301.dts#L604

Ciao
--
Marco Cavallini | KOAN sas | Bergamo - Italia
  embedded and real-time software engineering