[meta-freescale] fsl-image-gui not booting on a SABRE Platform for Smart Devices

Marco koansoftware at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 02:55:29 PST 2013

Il 15/11/2013 10:19, Jean-Michel Hautbois ha scritto:
> Hello everybody !
>
> I have a SABRE Platform for Smart Devices, and I would like to try this
> platform using the Yocto project.
> I followed the instructions here :
> https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93844
>
> I have modified the local.conf and here is my build configuration :
> BB_VERSION        = "1.20.0"
> BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"
> NATIVELSBSTRING   = "Ubuntu-12.04"
> TARGET_SYS        = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"
> MACHINE           = "imx6qsabreauto"
> DISTRO            = "poky"
> DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.5"
> TUNE_FEATURES     = "armv7a vfp neon callconvention-hard cortexa9"
> TARGET_FPU        = "vfp-neon"
>
> I am on the dora branch.
>
> I used dd and flashed my SD card, using the
> fsl-image-gui-imx6qsabreauto.sdcard image generated.
>
> When booting, I don't have anything displayed. I only have the D3 LED
> freezed in red, and when I connect the uart to usb, I don't have any
> message.
> When I use the android image I have with the board, I have the console
> messages on uart, and the display is ok.
>
> Next, I switched to master branch, and selected the imx6dlsabreauto machine.
> I get an error on do_install for the linux-imx :
>
> ERROR: Function failed: do_install (log file is located at
> /home/vodalys/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6dlsabreauto-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.0.35-r37.14/temp/log.do_install.31088)
> ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
> /home/vodalys/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6dlsabreauto-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.0.35-r37.14/temp/log.do_install.31088
> Log data follows:
> | DEBUG: Executing python function package_get_auto_pr
> | DEBUG: Python function package_get_auto_pr finished
> | DEBUG: Executing shell function do_install
> | NOTE: make -j 8 DEPMOD=echo
> INSTALL_MOD_PATH=/home/vodalys/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6dlsabreauto-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.0.35-r37.14/image
> modules_install

.snip.

> Thanks in advance for your help,
> Best Regards,
> JM

I suggest you to do not use the master branch.
Stay with dora.

Your shoud focus on the SD creation and your main aim must be to see
u-boot sending chars on the UART.
Which SD connector are you using?
How are the dip-switch settings?
On which connector is connected your LCD?

Cordiali Saluti / Kindest Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
--
Marco Cavallini | KOAN sas | Bergamo - Italia
  embedded and real-time software engineering