[meta-freescale] latest stable kernel version for i.MX6

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Thu Nov 14 07:27:04 PST 2013

Hi Marco,

Nice to see you here :-)

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 5:00 AM, Marco <koansoftware at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using Yocto dora with an imx6dlsabre and I see that it uses the 3.0.35
> (4.1.0) kernel version.
> I wonder if there is any other more recent kernel version provided by
> Freescale.
> In meta-freescale ML I have found a thead about 3.10.9-1.0.0-alpha kernel.
> Is it safe to use it, or when it will be?
> Do you have a link to the Freescale kernel repo?

I pushed the 3.10.9 recipes yesterday to master and dora; they are
with DEFAULT_PREFERENCE as -1 for now. The upcoming GA kernel will be
based on 3.10 but it is not yet considered ready for production (as it
has been released as alpha) so its use depends a lot of your expected
delivery of the product, resources, features and like.

I think the best way to get more information about this is with your
FSL FAE or using a Service Request.