[meta-freescale] Native package building

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Tue Nov 12 08:28:06 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Alberto Liberal de los Rios
<aliberal at arroweurope.com> wrote:
> Thanks Octavio,
>
> I checked removing BBCLASSEXTEND = "native nativesdk" and adding "inherit autotools" but I got an error, the reason can be the next
>

> "About ZLIB, by looking at the configure script, we see that this configure script has not been generated
> by autoconf (otherwise it would contain a sentence like Generated by GNU Autoconf 2.62).
> Moreover, the project doesn't use automake since there are no Makefile.am files. So zlib uses a
> custom build system, not a build system based on the classical autotools"

Makes sense but it is unfortunate.

> Anyway I don´t understand yet why it is needed to add BBCLASSEXTEND = "native nativesdk" in ZLIB and why it is not working removing it from the recipe. Could you give more details about the meaning of "when no class-<virtual> variant is provided, the defaults are used"

When bitbake sees the extend, it generates a new recipe which uses the
tasks as the same provided by the original .bb file. When it has a
'class-nativesdk' override of a task, this one is used, the same is
valid for class-native.

You can grep 'class-nativesdk' in Poky/OE-Core for some examples of this.