[meta-freescale] Build a gstreamer application with yocto for imx6 Wandboard

Daiane Angolini daiane.angolini at freescale.com
Thu Nov 7 04:50:29 PST 2013

On 07-11-2013 02:16, br jer wrote:
> I am using the "master" branch of Yocto.  I have a gstreamer application
> that is compiled and tested on Ubuntu.  I have a Makefile for this
> application.  The Yocto build I use fsl-image-test and added a few
> plugins in my conf.local.  I have tested all the plugins/pipeline that
> is needed for this app with gst-launch.
>
> I just want to run a quick test of the code on the wandboard,  what is
> the fastest way to do a make and produce a executable ?  I looked at the
> Yocto manual and it seems that it calls for creating a recipe etc.  Is
> there a simple template that I can use?

You can try to use your already built binary into any rootfs.

If you decide to try to make the recipe, you can share here your
problems, but, please take care of proprietary stuff.

You can try at first an tiny example:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/recipes-multimedia/libfslvpuwrap/libfslvpuwrap_1.0.40.bb?h=master-next&id=9135a32b50800cac2c3feb0bac1f19c3d6743add

and then go to a more complex one:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/recipes-multimedia/gst-plugins/gst-fsl-plugin_3.0.9.bb?h=master-next&id=9135a32b50800cac2c3feb0bac1f19c3d6743add