[meta-freescale] meta-fsl-arm: master-next: fsl-image-gui build error

Daiane Angolini daiane.angolini at freescale.com
Wed Nov 6 02:33:43 PST 2013

On 06-11-2013 07:13, Gonzalez, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am testing on a imx6qsabresd with the following setup:
>
> Build Configuration:
> BB_VERSION        = "1.21.0"
> BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"
> NATIVELSBSTRING   = "Ubuntu-12.04"
> TARGET_SYS        = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"
> MACHINE           = "imx6qsabresd"
> DISTRO            = "poky"
> DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.5+snapshot-20131105"
> TUNE_FEATURES     = "armv7a vfp neon callconvention-hard cortexa9"
> TARGET_FPU        = "vfp-neon"
> meta
> meta-yocto
> meta-yocto-bsp    = "master:57498cede4696526c121e0112b5dea3e6e8365ac"
> meta-oe           = "master:3cf6fd9961b290f6346be94a98b28a44508176e4"
> meta-fsl-arm      = "master-next:96ab7a12bf9e10ba1a66bc46d9c0a3205093368f"
> meta-fsl-demos    = "master:3aa554d5aacaab946013527e45ddbc3af8a25bba"
>
> My aim is to test the accelerated graphics and video on a 3.10 kernel with the newest user land components available.
>
> My first question is whether that's a supported build configuration or it's expected to work with the poky master-next branch too. There isn't a master-next branch for meta-oe, so I stuck with master in both.

When I test meta-fsl-arm master-next, I use poky/meta-oe on master.

> I needed to make a couple of patches to make fsl-image-gui build. Not sure if anyone is working with the above setup, but here they go just in case. The first one just updates the bbappend recipe name for mesa, and the second one removes a patch for gst-fsl-plugin which apart from not applying does not seem to be needed any more as the package builds fine (apart from tons of warnings).

Please, send your patches properly for review. (please, let me know if
you don't know what is "properly")

> Is it worth to report problems with this setup or is it too bleeding edge to be worked on right now?

I'm not sure if I understood. But, please, master-next is supposed to be
tested and any issue reported.

Because of that, it's not supposed to be used on your
product/production, so, it's "too blending edge to be worked on".

Don't base your work on master-next, however, please, work with
master-next in order to be sure it's good enough to be merged on master. =D

Daiane