[meta-freescale] bitbake and SDK toolchain Libs

Alberto Liberal de los Rios aliberal at arroweurope.com
Tue Nov 5 23:57:19 PST 2013

Hi

I am working with the IMX6 Sabre board and i have some doubts about Yocto toolchain and sysroot management. When i run bitbake to compile an application where yocto takes the libs that can be needed by the application?. Is there a location where i can check the sysroot used by bitbake?

Is the sysroot used by bitbake the same that is used with the toolchain installed with bitbake meta-toolchain?

There is also a temporary dir in build/tmp/sysroots with shared header files and libraries. This should be the place where Yocto build looks for headers, libraries. Is this the same place where SDK toolchain looks for libs and headers?

I have a mess with this subject. I would be really grateful if you could clarify it to me

Many thanks

Alberto