[meta-freescale] HOB unable to parse initial sabresd

George Reimer George.Reimer at nuvation.com
Fri Nov 1 06:20:02 PDT 2013

I have been trying to resolve this problem for days, but with the
wandboard-solo build.

I create a Ubuntu 12.04 based VM from scratch,  setup the repository
(both dora and Dylan behave the same ) and its dependancies ( g++ etc. )

I use hob to examine and build images,  specifically the
qt-in-use-image. This works  fine for a while, but then at some as  yet
to be determined point,  the PREFERRED_PROVIDER conflict for libgl
appears and even blowing away and rebuilding the repository completely
doesn't cure it.  So far I have only been able to recover by rebuilding
the entire VM from scratch, ( or actually, getting another copy of the
one I put away before it broke, which is why I am using the VM right
now. Both my native installs on two separate machines are now broken as
well )

What left over dependency could the repository/hob be hooking into ?

Any insights into this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

George Reimer

Nuvation Research