[meta-freescale] Trouble installing fsl codec libraries

Daniel Kenji Morgan daniel.kenji.morgan at gmail.com
Thu May 30 04:36:43 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to play audio files using gstreamer on the SABRE Lite board.
I've tried building an image by inheriting "core-image" and adding "gstreamer" and "gst-fsl-plugin" to CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL.
For some reason, none of the codecs included in "libfslcodec" are installed onto my image even though they are built.
The parsers in libfslparser are installed without any problems.
I've tried messing about with various recipes, but have had no success so far in getting the codecs to be installed.

Can anyone give me some insight into what I might be doing wrong?
I am currently using Poky 1.3 (danny) for all required meta layers.