[meta-freescale] Vivante X11 tests

Silas seal_jp2002 at yahoo.co.jp
Tue May 28 21:34:20 PDT 2013

Diego Rondini <diego.rondini at ...> writes:

> > Well, I believe the OpenGL ES for X11 is still not working in Yocto,
> > though that in the lasted bsp 4.0.0 has worked now. So the samples are
> > likely won't work.
> >
> > If you are in a hurry you can copy from the bsp and plot it to Yocto.
>
> Hi Silas,
>
> I've tried even the route of slapping 4.0.0 BSP binaries over Yocto (the same
> kernel source, same Xorg version, same xorg binary drivers, same Vivante
> binaries) as Ubuntu 11.10 provided by Freescale but that didn't work. The
> result was still the same: blank windows.
>
> What's interesting is that doing an "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" on
> Freescale's Ubuntu causes a quite similar issue (blank window).
>
> The only option I've found at the moment to have a working Vivante X11
> acceleration is stock Freescale Ubuntu BSP 4.0.0.
>
> Any other experiences with Vivante GPU?
>
> Bests,
> Diego

Hi Diego,

I did some quick and dirty plot this morning. What I did are replacing the
kernel gpu driver source code, writing recipes for gpu-viv-bin-mx6q,
xf86-dri-vivante and xf86-video-imxfb-vivante. It compiles fine and I test
the simple triangle sample from the sdk. The result is...it only works in
fullscreen. If I create a smaller window in XCreateSimpleWindow other than
full screen size, it gives me a blank window.

Silas