[meta-freescale] Help!!! Bad initab entry at line 5

Zahid Hussain Zahid.Hussain at lntinfotech.com
Tue May 28 07:24:04 PDT 2013

Hi,
I am was trying to boot the Freescale p2020rdb board with uImage, ext2 rootfs minimal image, and dtb obtained by building the Qoriq-1.3.2 freescale yocto SDK. But while I load the uImage, rootfs and dtb through the tftp server and try to boot the p2020rdb board, I get the following error
Bad inittab entry at line 5

can't open /dev/si: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/~~: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/l0: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/l1: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/l2: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/l3: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/l4: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/l5: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/l6: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/z6: No such file or directory

FYI,
I am using U-Boot 2009.11 (Oct 29 2010 - 00:19:50) bootloader and the u-boot environment variables are follows
bootcmd=setenv bootargs root=/dev/$bdev rw rootdelay=30 console=$consoledev,$baudrate $othbootargs;usb start;ext2load usb 0:r
ramboot=setenv bootargs root=/dev/ram rw console=$consoledev,$baudrate $othbootargs; tftp $ramdiskaddr $ramdiskfile;tftp $lor
nfsboot=setenv bootargs root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=$serverip:$rootpath ip=$ipaddr:$serverip:$gatewayip:$netmask:$hostname:$netr
bootdelay=10
baudrate=115200
loads_echo=1
rootpath=/opt/nfsroot
hostname=P2020RDB
bootfile=uImage
loadaddr=1000000
netdev=eth0
uboot=u-boot.bin
loadaddr=1000000
tftpflash=tftpboot $loadaddr $uboot; protect off 0xeff80000 +$filesize; erase 0xeff80000 +$filesize; cp.b $loadaddr 0xeff800e
consoledev=ttyS0
ramdiskaddr=2000000
ramdiskfile=rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot
fdtaddr=c00000
fdtfile=p2020rdb.dtb
bdev=sda1
hwconfig=esdhc
jffs2nor=mtdblock3
norbootaddr=ef080000
norfdtaddr=ef040000
jffs2nand=mtdblock9
nandbootaddr=200000
nandfdtaddr=100000
nandimgsize=400000
nandfdtsize=100000
usb_phy_type=ulpi
vscfw_addr=ef000000
othbootargs=ramdisk_size=700000 cache-sram-size=0x10000
usbfatboot=setenv bootargs root=/dev/ram rw console=$consoledev,$baudrate $othbootargs; usb start;fatload usb 0:2 $loadaddr r
usbext2boot=setenv bootargs root=/dev/ram rw console=$consoledev,$baudrate $othbootargs; usb start;ext2load usb 0:4 $loadaddr
norboot=setenv bootargs root=/dev/$jffs2nor rw console=$consoledev,$baudrate rootfstype=jffs2 $othbootargs;bootm $norbootaddr
nandboot=setenv bootargs root=/dev/$jffs2nand rw rootfstype=jffs2 console=$consoledev,$baudrate $othbootargs;nand read 20000;
sdboot=setenv bdev mmcblk0p2;setenv bootargs root=/dev/$bdev rw rootdelay=30 console=$consoledev,$baudrate $othbootargs;mmci;
ethaddr=00:04:9F:02:00:FD
eth1addr=00:04:9F:02:01:FD
eth2addr=00:04:9F:02:02:FD
eth3addr=00:04:9F:02:03:FD
eth4addr=00:04:9F:02:04:FD
eth5addr=00:04:9F:02:05:FD
serverip=192.168.1.10
ipaddr=192.168.1.1
gatewayip=192.168.1.10
ethact=eTSEC1
bootargs=root=/dev/sda1 rw rootdelay=30 console=ttyS0,115200 ramdisk_size=700000 cache-sram-size=0x10000

Environment size: 2871/8188 bytes

I would request you to please look in to the issue and help me understand and solve the issue.

Regards,
Zahid

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in this e-mail"