[meta-freescale] trying to boot a bitbaked image in various ways

Thanassis Silis djnass_18 at hotmail.com
Tue May 28 06:45:43 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,
excuse my late reply, but I was caught up in something else and couldn't deal with this.

However, it is now clear that at least as far as  sabrelite board is concerned, it is best to avoid using the yocto generated uboot.imx bootloader binary. I have the imx6q with 1GB ram model.

I also presume that the yocto image does not boot with the uboot-2009.08, because the yocto image creates 2 partitions on the sdcard - a uboot (sd?1) and a rootfs (sd?2) partition, whereas the original sdcard contained everything in the sd?1 (unique) partition.

Looks like an update to a fresher uboot from boundary git is in order, however I will first try to create an sdcard image from the yocto image .tar.bz2 so as to postpone the update a little longer.

Thank you for your help.
Nass