[meta-freescale] Help!!! Error while booting yocto linux

Daiane Angolini daiane.angolini at freescale.com
Fri May 24 08:29:57 PDT 2013

On 05/24/2013 11:38 AM, Sayed Zahid wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to compile and boot the yocto linux, compilation has
> completed smoothly but when i try to boot the freescale board with the
> new uImage and rootfs ext2 filesystem , iam getting the below error

Did you tried the .sdcard image instead?

If you are only updating uImage and rootfs/ext2, I suppose you have a
u-boot unchanged on your sdcard.

Which u-boot version are you using?

Could you, please, share your bootargs?

Do you know your kernel version? Share here the uImage file name we can
figure it out.

> init started: BusyBox v1.13.2 (2010-06-21 12:46:04 IST)
> Bad inittab entry at line 5
> can't open /dev/si: No such file or directory
> can't open /dev/~~: No such file or directory
> can't open /dev/l0: No such file or directory
> can't open /dev/l1: No such file or directory
> can't open /dev/l2: No such file or directory
> can't open /dev/l3: No such file or directory
> can't open /dev/l4: No such file or directory
> can't open /dev/l5: No such file or directory
> can't open /dev/l6: No such file or directory
> can't open /dev/z6: No such file or directory
> can't open /dev/S: No such file or directory
> can't open /dev/1: No such file or directory
>
> I got to know this may be because of inittab.  inittab is pointing to
> sbin/sysvinit .  i think it is not pointing to proper link, i suppose it
> should point to /bin/busybox I have already spend many days on this,
> trying to figure out the problem.
> Could you please help me understand and solve the problem

Sure, let's try to figure out your scenario ;)

--
Daiane