[meta-freescale] Problem with root fs when booting from memory.

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Tue May 21 12:00:45 PDT 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Juha Vuorivirta
<jvp.vuorivirta at gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand that problem is kernel cannot find filesystem from SD card. Any
> advice how to make rootfs available? I am little bit confused because SD
> card works, but bootm does not, even using same bootloader and uImage...

The default boot scripts in U-boot are:
- run netboot : fetches kernel via TFTP and mount rootfs via NFS
- run mmcboot: fetches kernel via SD card and mount rootfs via SD card.

If I understand correctly you want to do:
- Fetch the kernel via tftp
- Mount the rootfs via SD card

,so you need to manually adapt the scripts to this condition.

Also, take a look at the kernel command line reported in the kernel
log. It will tell you where the kernel will take the rootfs from.