[meta-freescale] trying to boot a bitbaked image in various ways

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Mon May 20 19:07:55 PDT 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Thanassis Silis <djnass_18 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi there,
> thank you for the reply.
> well, considering (2) below, I have already 'dd' the .sdcard image. but
> the boot fails. I think the 2009.08 uboot image looks for a couple of files
> in the root folder of the target fs. The questions is though, how does one
> use this u-boot.imx image that has been bitbaked?

Checking by it in Google lead me to
http://boundarydevices.com/i-mx-6dq-u-boot-updates/ so I think you can take
a look there and upgrade it.

> as for (3), I understand this kernel will fail as  the hardware is
> missing. But then again why does yocto have a command to even extract and
> run the .tar.bz2 images "for use with nfs or qemu" ?
> how can I run the specific rootfs i bitbaked through the emulator?

It usually is done using the desired qemu machine for building (qemuarm,
for example). You can do other tricks like building kernel only for it and
use another rootfs but I don't know if it is worth the hassle.

http://www.ossystems.com.br        http://projetos.ossystems.com.br