[meta-freescale] trying to boot a bitbaked image in various ways

Thanassis Silis djnass_18 at hotmail.com
Mon May 20 15:44:26 PDT 2013

Hi there,
thank you for the reply.
well, considering (2) below, I have already 'dd' the .sdcard image. but the boot fails. I think the 2009.08 uboot image looks for a couple of files in the root folder of the target fs. The questions is though, how does one use this u-boot.imx image that has been bitbaked?

as for (3), I understand this kernel will fail as  the hardware is missing. But then again why does yocto have a command to even extract and run the .tar.bz2 images "for use with nfs or qemu" ?
how can I run the specific rootfs i bitbaked through the emulator?

Thank you once again for your help!
Nass