[meta-freescale] resolution not changing

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Mon May 20 09:24:31 PDT 2013

Hi Nino,

On 05/20/2013 07:32 AM, PAPARO Nino (MM) wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> Thank you very much for your help!
> Running this command
> setenv bootargs $bootargs video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,CLAA-WVGA,bpp=24,if=RGB666
> enabled 24 bit on my linux image (I checked with fbset ),

Glad to hear it.

 > but I think I'm still missing something because If for example I run
 > Midori, all the pages and images seems to use few colors.
> I modified  xorg.conf to change my screens timings and modeline but It did't fix the issue.

I'm not sure what may be going on there. I know little of X and
less of Midori.

> Is MACHINE imx6qsabrelite deprecated and  nitrogen6x should be used instead?

As Otavio mentioned, each of these points at our kernel tree at the
moment, so they're both good.

I don't know off-hand whether this is represented, but the nitrogen6x
machine includes support for the TiWi-R2 WLAN chip, but that's not
supported by the hardware on SABRE Lite.

Regards,

Eric