[meta-freescale] Potential patch for ov2640 with imx6

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Mon May 20 07:04:19 PDT 2013

On 05/20/2013 04:56 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com
>> <mailto:gary at mlbassoc.com>> wrote:
>>     On 2013-05-19 13:47, Ashwin Kirpalani wrote:
>>
>>         I have a ov2640 camera which did not work out of the box with
>>         the ov2640.c mxc v4l2 driver in the linux-imx kernel. I have a
>>         patch for it to work with i.mx6. My board is the
>>         sabrelite Would you accept it and is this the right place to
>>         submit it?
>>

>>     What MACHINE are you using?  It seems that the 'imx6qsabrelite' MACHINE
>>     is deprecated and you should use 'nitrogen6x' from meta-fsl-arm-extra
>>     This will use the Boundary Devices kernel which may already have the
>>     change you are looking for.
>>

> In fact, currently, both are using the kernel. That's the reason we
> moved it to -extra layer in dylan.

And it doesn't have support for the OV2640.

The kernel tree is the right place to merge the patch.

Ashwin, if you forward the patch to me and if it looks clean,
we'll be happy to include it in our tree. We probably won't
want to include it in the default kernel configuration, since
it's clearly not widely used.

Are you using another KLT camera module for the OV2640?
How difficult is it to glue up to the SABRE Lite/Nitrogen6X?

Please advise,

Eric