[meta-freescale] (imx6q-sabrelite) Are there -dev and/or -sdk builds for yocto freescale

Thanassis Silis djnass_18 at hotmail.com
Fri May 17 08:43:08 PDT 2013

Hi there, thank you for the help.
(EXTRA_)IMAGE_FEATURES seems to be what I needed indeed.
I am reading upon it and modify my builds so as to include debug symbols in the target rootfs.

A few questions:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.1/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.html#var-EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES

- for feature "tools-profile" it includes valgrind in arch "x86" only. Why Is that? I am sure I have seen people compiling valgring for arm.  Is there another application I can use with yocto to check for memory leaks?

I am still a little fuzzy about the folder "sysroot" as opposed to the rootfs folder.

Thank you