[meta-freescale] uboot settings and HDMI display

Daiane Angolini daiane.angolini at freescale.com
Fri May 3 12:48:06 PDT 2013

On 05/03/2013 03:50 PM, Alexander Keller wrote:
> Hello,
>
>                  I am used to ltib to please forgive me for my newbie
> questions. I have created the fsl-image-gui from the tutorial on the
> freescale website and are the steps to create your own sd card image
> (manually copy uboot, uImage, and filesystem) the same as ltib?

No, it's not.

You will find your image under:

<yocto_folder>/build/tmp/deploy/image/fsl-image-gui-yourboard.sdcard

you need to:

sudo dd
if=<yocto_folder>/build/tmp/deploy/image/fsl-image-gui-yourboard.sdcard
of=/dev/sdb

> Also I am using an HDMI display, how do you can the uboot setting in the
> fsl-image-gui to output the display on HDMI?

In order to change your display, the process is the same.

Boot the board.
press any key.
you can see u-boot prompt.

printenv