[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-demos] image-fsl-test build fails when x11 feature is disabled

Rogerio Nunes ronunes at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 20:48:20 PDT 2013

Hi,

Disabling x11 in my DISTRO_FEATURES and trying to build image-fsl-test I
get the following error:

| checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
| checking for ENVY24CONTROL... no
| configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 alsa >= 0.9.0) were not
met:

| No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
|
| Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
| installed software in a non-standard prefix.
|
| Alternatively, you may set the environment variables ENVY24CONTROL_CFLAGS
| and ENVY24CONTROL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
| See the pkg-config man page for more details.
| make: *** [all] Error 1
| ERROR: oe_runmake failed
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (see
/home/freescale/Software/BSPs/fsl-community-bsp/build-master-poky-nox/tmp/work/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/alsa-tools/1.0.26.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.9765
for further information)
ERROR: Task 6
(/home/freescale/Software/BSPs/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-multimedia/alsa/
alsa-tools_1.0.26.1.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 6 tasks of which 0 didn't need to be rerun
and 1 failed.
No currently running tasks (6 of 13)

Trying to find the root cause of the error, I realized that a couple of
things do not seem to be right.
1. alsa-tools should have gtk+ added to DEPENDS, as gtk+ is not optional,
but adding gtk+ creates another problem:
| checking for CAIRO_BACKEND... no
| configure: error: Package requirements (cairo-xlib >= 1.6) were not met:
|
| No package 'cairo-xlib' found
|
| Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
| installed software in a non-standard prefix.
|
| Alternatively, you may set the environment variables CAIRO_BACKEND_CFLAGS
| and CAIRO_BACKEND_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
| See the pkg-config man page for more details.
| Configure failed. The contents of all config.log files follows to aid
debugging
| ERROR: oe_runconf failed
| ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (see
/home/freescale/Software/BSPs/fsl-community-bsp/build-master-poky-nox/tmp/work/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gtk+/2.24.15-r0/temp/log.do_configure.13382
for further information)
ERROR: Task 5
(/home/freescale/Software/BSPs/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-gnome/gtk+/gtk+_
2.24.15.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1354 tasks of which 1235 didn't need to be
rerun and 1 failed.
No currently running tasks (1354 of 1362)

2. Even if I remove the alsa-tools subprojects that unconditionally depend
on gtk+ (patching alsa-tools Makefile like they do in poky already), gtk+
reverse dependencies show me that librsvg, which gst-plugins-bad depends
on, also depends on gtk+.

With this in mind, I was trying to change recipes to build gtk+ for
linux-fb, but version 2.24.15 does not seem to support this backend.

I'm thinking now that when x11 is not in DISTRO_FEATURES the right thing to
do would be to eliminate alsa-tools from packagegroup-fsl and to disable
librsvg from gst-plugins-bad. But before proceeding with this path I wanted
to check for other thoughts...

Thanks.
Rogerio.