[meta-freescale] MT9T111/MT9T112 aptina camera driver in linux-imx

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Wed Mar 20 09:43:34 PDT 2013

Hi Ashwin,

Le Wed, 20 Mar 2013 12:36:19 -0400,
Ashwin Kirpalani <akcooper8 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> ahhh...ok so I think I will have to port the mt9t112 driver to freescale's
> way of doing things, namely in the drivers/media/video/mxc/capture since
> freescale is not using soc_camera.

True.

> On a somewhat related question, what is this "imx-devel" branch about?:
> https://github.com/RobertCNelson/imx-devel/branches
> I see all kinds of references to imx-devel and v3.x.y.imx-devel here. How
> come this is all the way up to 3.8 while Freescale is still on 3.0.35.
> Something doesn't seem right!

Freescale's official kernel is based on 3.0.35 (and oyu are lucky,
i.MX53 is stuck at 2.6.35 ;-( , but community and Linaro's people are
working on mainline (which doesn't have all the drivers the official
kernel has), so depending on the peripherals you need, you could run a
mainline kernel on your i.MX CPU.

Eric