[meta-freescale] MT9T111/MT9T112 aptina camera driver in linux-imx

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Wed Mar 20 08:24:06 PDT 2013

Hi Ashwin,

Le Wed, 20 Mar 2013 10:53:41 -0400,
Ashwin Kirpalani <akcooper8 at gmail.com> a écrit :
> Browsing around freescale's linux-imx sources, I noticed that the correct
> version of the driver that I want (mt9t112.c) is indeed in the linux-imx
> sources from freescale. It is here:
> https://github.com/Freescale/linux-imx/tree/master/drivers/media/video. So
> why is it not the same in yocto's linux-imx-3-0-35 version? Could someone
> please explain how yocto's version diverges from freescale's kernel version
> and why? Thanks

at least 2 reasons :
- this tree is not an officiel Freescale one despite the Freescale name
  of the github account,
- you are looking at the master branch which is mainline, when the
  patch collection branches for Freescale's kernels are in branch
  patches-imx-2.6.35_10.12.01 and patches-imx-2.6.35_11.09.01

If you want the kernels from Freescale you can have a look here
(especially the imx_ branches) :
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git/

Best regards
Eric