[meta-freescale] MT9T111/MT9T112 aptina camera driver in linux-imx

John Weber rjohnweber at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 06:35:47 PDT 2013

Hi Ashwin,

Please consider including the original text in your replies.  It helps keep the
conversation in context.  If someone else on the list is looking at this message
for the first time, they won't know the original question.

I recently did a diff of the stock 3.0.35 kernel and Freescale latest revision
of their kernel, which is based on 3.0.35.  The diff was huge - around 47 MB,
and the modifications to the source don't seem to be isolated to the typical
directories.  They are all over the place.

I think that Freescale definitely went their own way when it comes to developing
capture drivers.  As far as I can tell, they don't make use of soc camera or
media controller (the linuxtv stuff).  You might want to start with one of the
drivers in drivers/media/video/mxc/capture and see if you can use that as a
basis for your mt9t112 driver.

John