[meta-freescale] MT9T111/MT9T112 aptina camera driver in linux-imx

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed Mar 20 05:08:37 PDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Ashwin Kirpalani <akcooper8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am attempting to use the Aptina MT9T111 CMOS sensor driver with the
> sabrelite board
>
> The linux-imx kernel has the driver for the MT9T112, which needs to be
> patched for the MT9T111, or so I thought. The patch that I was attempting to
> apply is here:
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2067231/
>
> However, I cannot use the MT9T112.c file that is in the current linux-imx
> tree. Turns out my starting point should be the MT9T112.c file in a
> repository called linux-media : https://github.com/hvaibhav/linux-media/.
>
> So I tried to copy over into my linux-imx working directory just the
> MT9T112.c that is in the linux-media repo and tried to build the kernel but
> as you can imagine it led to a whole bunch of errors in soc_camera and
> v4l2_mediabus modules.
>
> How would I go about solving this issue? Is there a systematic way (like a
> series of patches) that I can use to get me to a working starting point
> after which I can apply the above patch.

Unfortunately no; this is a porting process and there's no 'always
work' recipe for it. Each time you need to port a driver like this, it
is a different process as it depends on the difference you will need
to port for the target kernel. So you'll need to hack the kernel to
get it working and try to isolate the parts you need to to port  for
it.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br