[meta-freescale] u-boot USB option for SABRE SD.

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Mon Mar 18 05:55:24 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Juha Vuorivirta
<jvp.vuorivirta at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/3/18 Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br>

>> > u-boot-fslc-v2012.10-r4 came with repo sync.
>>
>> Please reply to the thread so it is easy to follow our discussion.
>>
>> I missed what is  your goal? What do you want to do?
>>
>> --
>> Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
>> E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br
>> Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br
>

> Following.
>
>> You can boot from NOR/NAND/SD/SATA/SPI NOR/I2C NOR and then you can
>> use USB to store kernel and root fs.
>
> Ok. Is USB boot possible if we make changes to Boot Configuration Select HW?
>

>> What do you want to do?
> Boot board from USB stick connected in SMSC LAN9512 EVB's hub port. Now I
> have added usb option in u-boot, I can see it with 'help' command. But
> device is not there though driver smsc95xx is enabled in u-boot.
>
> I noticed that EVB device is using fsl-echi driver for USB/Ethernet after
> boot.
>         From console: *usb 1-1.2: new high speed USB device number 4 using
> fsl-echi*
>
> when I connect USB stick to hub's port.
> Should I enable echi-fsl driver to u-boot also?
>
> My u-boot configs for USB command are:
> /* USB Configs */
> #define CONFIG_CMD_USB
> #define CONFIG_CMD_FAT
> #define CONFIG_USB_EHCI
> #define CONFIG_USB_EHCI_MX6
> #define CONFIG_USB_STORAGE
> #define CONFIG_USB_HOST_ETHER
> #define CONFIG_USB_ETHER_ASIX
> #define CONFIG_USB_ETHER_SMSC95XX
> #define CONFIG_MXC_USB_PORT 1
> #define CONFIG_MXC_USB_PORTSC (PORT_PTS_UTMI | PORT_PTS_PTW)
> #define CONFIG_MXC_USB_FLAGS 0

This seems right (I didn't try it myself)

> In addition, is this USB option even possible to implement because of dip
> switch(SW-6)?
> And if it is, in what position switch dip's should be in USB boot?
> BTW, Can I override switch by software(BOOT_MODE and GPIO Boot override
> pins)?

No; the USB boot is different what you wish. The USB boot mode
supported by the SoC is using  bulk IO or serial mode (this is how
MfgTool works) and not USB storage boot as you seem to wish.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br