[meta-freescale] The updated proposal of FSL Yocto layers reorg - 4-Mar

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Fri Mar 8 04:12:35 PST 2013

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 4:04 AM, Luo Zhenhua-B19537 <B19537 at freescale.com> wrote:
> [...]

udev rules can be add to BSP depending on how they're used. However
all this seems more meta-fsl-networking thingy than a specific SDK.

>> > [Luo Zhenhua-B19537] This layer is same as
>> https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform, a manifest and a
>> README are included.
>>
>> In this case the naming is bad. I'd call it fsl-sdk or fsl-bsp. The meta
>> prefix is used for layers and it is not going to be the case as it will
>> be a ready to use solution which groups a set of layers.
> [Luo Zhenhua-B19537] how about fsl-yocto-sdk to differentiate with other packaging tools, e.g. LTIB?

It works fine; my main concern is with the 'meta' prefix as it gives
the wrong message to user.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br