[meta-freescale] Please review the proposal of FSL Yocto layers reorg

Matthew McClintock msm-oss at mcclintock.net
Fri Mar 1 08:23:44 PST 2013

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Wang Larry-B38019 <B38019 at freescale.com> wrote:
> About meta-fsl-arm vs meta-fsl-imx/meta-fsl-vybrid, the reason we prefer the second one is i.MX and Vybrid are so different.  They have different IP blocks, different device drivers in kernel, different interface libs in user space, different SW development/release schedules, different customers.  For that sense, this "ARM" is NOT that "ARM", just like i.MX ARM is not OMAP ARM.  Separating them is more flexible for us, and less confusion for our customers.

Ok, but you want an entirely separate layer what will live in the core
support layer? A linux/u-boot recipe for the machine? That's not that
hard to keep in sync.

If we do add another layer, I'd prefer NOT to rename meta-fsl-arm and
just add the new one by itself. However, I don't think it's really
needed.

-M