[meta-freescale] Issues with sync-boundary-changes.patch on imx6qsabrelite

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Fri Mar 1 06:13:56 PST 2013

On 03/01/2013 01:06 AM, Andrei Gherzan wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 8:37 PM, Eric Nelson
> <eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
> <mailto:eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 02/28/2013 11:16 AM, Eric Nelson wrote:
>
>         On 02/28/2013 08:34 AM, Andrei Gherzan wrote:
>

>             On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Eric Nelson
>             <eric.nelson at boundarydevices.__com
>             <mailto:eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com>
>             <mailto:eric.nelson at __boundarydevices.com
>             <mailto:eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com>>> wrote:
>
>                  Hi Otavio and Andrei,
>
>                  On 02/28/2013 08:01 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>
>                      On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Andrei Gherzan
>                      <andrei at gherzan.ro <mailto:andrei at gherzan.ro>
>             <mailto:andrei at gherzan.ro <mailto:andrei at gherzan.ro>>> wrote:
>
>                          While using imx6, I faced 2 issues after
>             updating the kernel
>                          to ver. / rel.
>                          1.1.0:
>
>                          1. If i boot the board with hdmi monitor
>             connected the boot
>                          process hangs
>                          with:
>
>                          ---
>                          MIPI DSI driver module loaded
>                          mxc_sdc_fb mxc_sdc_fb.0: register mxc display
>             driver hdmi
>                          mxc_hdmi mxc_hdmi: Detected HDMI controller
>             0x13:0xa:0xa0:0xc1
>                          fbcvt: 1920x1080 at 60: CVT Name - 2.073M9
>                          imx-ipuv3 imx-ipuv3.0: IPU DMFC DP HIGH
>             RESOLUTION: 1(0,1),
>                          5B(2~5), 5F(6,7)
>                          Console: switching to colour frame buffer
>             device 240x67
>                          mxc_sdc_fb mxc_sdc_fb.1: register mxc display
>             driver lcd
>                          mxc_sdc_fb mxc_sdc_fb.2: register mxc display
>             driver ldb
>                          _regulator_get: get() with no identifier
>                          mxc_hdmi mxc_hdmi:
>             mxc_hdmi_edid_rebuild_____modelist: Added
>                          mode 0(VIC 0):
>                          mxc_hdmi mxc_hdmi:
>             mxc_hdmi_edid_rebuild_____modelist: Added
>                          mode 1(VIC 0):
>                          mxc_hdmi mxc_hdmi:
>             mxc_hdmi_edid_rebuild_____modelist: Added
>                          mode 2(VIC 0):
>                          mxc_hdmi mxc_hdmi:
>             mxc_hdmi_edid_rebuild_____modelist: Added
>                          mode 3(VIC 1):
>                          mxc_hdmi mxc_hdmi:
>             mxc_hdmi_edid_rebuild_____modelist: Added
>                          mode 4(VIC 0):
>                          mxc_hdmi mxc_hdmi:
>             mxc_hdmi_edid_rebuild_____modelist: Added
>                          mode 5(VIC 0):
>                          mxc_hdmi mxc_hdmi:
>             mxc_hdmi_edid_rebuild_____modelist: Added
>                          mode 6(VIC 0):
>                          mxc_hdmi mxc_hdmi:
>             mxc_hdmi_edid_rebuild_____modelist: Added
>                          mode 7(VIC 0):
>                          mxc_hdmi mxc_hdmi:
>             mxc_hdmi_edid_rebuild_____modelist: Added
>                          mode 8(VIC 0):
>                          mxc_hdmi mxc_hdmi:
>             mxc_hdmi_edid_rebuild_____modelist: Added
>                          mode 9(VIC 0):
>                          mxc_hdmi mxc_hdmi:
>             mxc_hdmi_edid_rebuild_____modelist: Added
> [...]
Hi Andre,

This should be installed as a part of the Yocto SD card image.

I built using "nitrogen6x" machine type and found that there's
a copy of the script in:
	build/tmp/deploy/images/6x_bootscript-nitrogen6x

How are you currently setting your bootargs in U-Boot?

The stock script uses HDMI detection and sets up 720P along
with other arguments:
	https://github.com/boundarydevices/u-boot-imx6/blob/production/board/boundary/nitrogen6x/6x_bootscript.txt

Ahh. Never mind. I just found out how you're doing this, and oddly,
it has my name as the author!
	https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm-extra/commit/ebcb70c68a30bd0d07220d61a378488a512aa6c1

So you're setting and saving 'bootargs' with your video settings
directly. If you add this bit, things should work for you.

	 'video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off'

Note that you might also need 'enable_wait_mode=off'. We saw
some issues during early startup that still haven't been addressed
as discussed here:
	http://boundarydevices.com/wait-a-second-hopefully-less/

Regards,

Eric