[meta-freescale] Missing devtmpfs w/ i.MX6Q SabreSD sato-sdk image

squirem squirem at fbdfrozen.com
Mon Jun 24 14:50:42 PDT 2013

Hello,

I've been trying to run a simple image, on the SabreSD devlopment board. I
downloaded the latest version of the meta-fsl-arm BSP (dylan branch) and
pokey-dylan package downloaded directly from the main Yocto site.

After dropping the BSP into the top level pokey directory, setting up the
environment, and adding ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = "1" to local.conf, I ran the hob
GUI. From there I added the meta-fsl-arm BSP, selected the imx6qsabresd
machine, then selected core-image-sato-sdk base image and just let that
built.

When that was finished I begin copying over the bootloader, kernel, and
rootfs in the following order:
sudo dd if=u-boot.imx of=/dev/sdc bs=512 skip=0 seek=2 conv=fsync
sudo dd if=uImage of=/dev/sdc bs=512 skip=0 seek=2048 conv=fsync
sudo fdisk /dev/sdc (made new primary partition at sector 16384)
sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdc1
sudo tar --numeric-owner -xzvf /home/user/Desktop/poky-dylan-
9.0.0/build/tmp/deploy/images/core-image-sato-sdk-imx6qsabresd.tar.gz

I then put in the SD card into the board, booted it, and observed the output
from the debug port. It loads up the kernel and filesystem, but it
eventually fails. This is the output I was left with before it stopped:

Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk1p1...
mmc2: new high speed SDHC card at address aaaa
mmcblk1: mmc2:aaaa SU08G 7.40 GiB
 mmcblk1: p1
EXT3-fs (mmcblk1p1): error: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional
features (240)
EXT2-fs (mmcblk1p1): error: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional
features (240)
EXT4-fs (mmcblk1p1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
VFS: Mounted root (ext4 filesystem) on device 179:25.
Freeing init memory: 204K
INIT: version 2.88 booting
Starting udev
Missing devtmpfs, which is required for udev to run
Halting...
INIT: Sending processes the TERM signaStopping OpenBSD Secure Shell server:
sshdno /usr/sbin/sshd found; none killed

Any help would be appreciate, thanks.