[meta-freescale] X11, GLX, OPENGL

Craig McDermott cmcdermott at rbccorp.com
Mon Jun 24 13:40:01 PDT 2013

We are trying to use X11, GLX and OPENGL on the YOCTO 1.4 fsl builds.  We are baking fsl-image-gui.  We were on the danny branch but were running into the vivante_dri.so problem.  I moved to the master branch this weekend and am having better luck but it still in not working.  We have a very simple app that works fine on the desktop.  What I am trying to access is the state of iMX6 graphics in Linux and what the most stable direction is for vivante.  We really just need to load PNG files and bitblit them to the display.  We also need to get mouse and keyboard data.  Can anyone provide any direction?

Also, I was trying to test with the GPU SDK 1.0.0.  Most of those applications want to use fbDirect but all of the YOCTO builds appear to have the DirectFB support disabled.  I was wondering what the issues with DirectFB are?
Thoughts appreciated!
Craig McDermott