[meta-freescale] Crash at startup

Fikret Alim fikret.alim at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 01:24:56 PDT 2013

Hello,

I have successfully compiled and loaded fsl-image-gui image to Sabre Lite
board. The first time operating system started, I could test features. But
then it gives en error "thermal notify: trip_hot reached!".

I don't know the reason but now it is not stable, too many crashes occur.
Whenever I reset the board, I got different errors at every time and the
user interface does not come to screen. Yocto project is on the screen, but
just waits there.

The Log messages can be:
Code: bad PC value
---[end trace 79f4.....]
note: kinteractiveup[1387] exited with preemt_count 1
Caching udev devnodes
Populating dec cachemv: can't rename '/tmp/uname': No such file or directory
ALSA: Restoring mixer settings...
No state is present for card sgtl5000 audio
Found hardware: "sgtl5000-audio"
Hardware is initialized using a generic method
Configuring network interfaces...

And it is waiting here, nothing happens.

Next time I can get;

Fixing recursive fault but reboot is needed!
BUG: scheduling while atomix: udevd/1493/0x000000002

Another time I got
Starting udev
udevd[1428]: error runtime directory '/run/udev' not writable,
fudevd[1429]: starting version 173 or now falling back to '/dev/.udev'
Starting Bootlog daemon:
udevadm settle - timeout of 8 seconds reached, the event queue contains

I got these kind different errors at every reset, but I can not see the
user interface anymore

I have tried to compile a different image fsl-image-test, but it also
didn't work.

What can be the problem? A hardware problem, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks&Best Regards,
Fikret