[meta-freescale] Sabrelite Boot

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Tue Jun 18 09:55:41 PDT 2013

On 06/17/2013 01:25 PM, Eric Nelson wrote:
> Thanks Otavio,
>
> On 06/17/2013 12:52 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>>>
>>> Why did you do this part? Was it because of this bit in the U-Boot
>>> README?
>>>
>>> Otavio, does the "mx6qsabrelite" configuration place U-Boot in
>>> unformatted space?
>>>
>>> I'm not seeing that a boot script is created in the machine layer:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm-extra/blob/master/conf/machine/imx6qsabrelite.conf
>>>

>> It does; I am thinking in make it (imx6qsabrelite) an alias to
>> nitrogen board. This way people don't get confused about  missing
>> machine but it works as expected.
>>
>> Do you have a blog post or something explaining how to put the u-boot
>> in the NOR?
>>

> We have lots of those, and that may be a part of the problem,
> since we transitioned from the U-Boot 2009.08 to Main-line a
> while back.
>
> I'll put together another one that's a bit more definitive since
> things are now pretty stable.

Silly me.

I thought this would only take a few minutes, but I did put
together a U-Boot "Getting started" guide:
	http://boundarydevices.com/u-boot-on-i-mx6/

Upgrading U-Boot is normally just a matter of placing the version
of U-Boot (file name u-boot.imx) and the script 6x_upgrade
on an SD card and running the "upgradeu" command as shown here:

	http://boundarydevices.com/u-boot-on-i-mx6/#upgradeu

Regards,

Eric