[meta-freescale] gstreamer on wandboard-solo

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com
Thu Jun 13 07:50:20 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 13 June, 2013 11:27:53 Daiane Angolini wrote:
> On 06/13/2013 08:39 AM, Thomas Senyk wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > has anyone tried gstreamer + fsl-codecs on wandboard(-solo)?
> > I've just made a build and it looks rather incomplete (all the HW codec
> > files missng, no decoder,...)
>
> I haven't. I don't have any wandboard with me.

I'm not sure it's wandboard specific anymore ... maybe maybe not ;)
 ... also not sure if it's libfslcodec version specific or not :)

> > With other boards (nitrogen, lite, sd) everything works 'out of the box'
> > by
> > just installing some gstreamer packages (gstreamer, gst-plugins-meta,...)
>
> Are you able to bitbake gst-fsl-plugin for your machine?

Yes, I can bitbake gst-fsl-plugin and libfslcodec with both versions
The problem is that the libfslcodec libs don't end up in the image.

I've added gst-fsl-plugin to IMAGE_INSTALL .. nothing changed
I've added libfslcodec and get:
   Error: libfslcodec not found in the base feeds (wandboard_solo armv7a-vfp-
neon armv7a-vfp armv7a armv6-vfp armv6 armv5e-vfp armv5e armv5-vfp armv5 armv4
arm noarch any all).

...either adding libfslcodec to IMAGE_INSTALL is wrong?..or this might be the
problem?

Then I've hacked even further (now it's getting nasty):
In gst-fsl-plugin_3.0.5.bb I changed:
DEPENDS += "libfslcodec libfslvpuwrap libfslparser"
RDEPENDS += "libfslcodec libfslvpuwrap libfslparser"

... to force the deploy another way .. now I got some(!) of the libfslcodec
libs, but definitely not all of them.

Something is really wrong here ;)