[meta-freescale] imx6qsabrelite and nitrogen6x

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Wed Jun 12 13:19:12 PDT 2013

Hi all,

On 06/12/2013 12:32 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello Daiane,
>
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Daiane Angolini
> <daiane.angolini at freescale.com <mailto:daiane.angolini at freescale.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     I've been seen that several people try to get imx6qsabrelite up and
>     running and end up getting an error.
>
>     I think we can drop imx6qsabrelite.conf and point a comment on
>     nitrogen6x.conf file in order to avoid this kind of situation.
>
>     Anyone has a better idea?
>

> I understand your motivation for it and I agree it does makes hard for
> some users. I am just unsure if we ought to drop it.
>
> Eric, please advice.

I'm okay with dropping the imx6qsabrelite.conf file.

There is another vendor producing boards "to the SABRE Lite design",
but I think even they are best served by using our kernel and
configuration.

The Freescale kernel team is still making updates to SABRE Lite in
the kernel tree, but we're pulling them into the nitrogen6x/sabre lite
board file and configuration fairly quickly.

Fabio and the Freescale U-Boot team are also maintaining updates
to the mx6qsabrelite board files, but I don't know whether anybody
is actually using it. The README file has a big hack to over-ride
boot to SPI NOR to keep Linaro's build process happy:

	http://git.denx.de/u-boot.git/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=board/freescale/mx6qsabrelite/README;h=12a9c856cffe1f4cdd73c9d67b31bd41b1a7303b;hb=HEAD

But I don't think Linaro is active with i.MX6 at the moment.