[meta-freescale] fatal error while init the repo on a nfs mounted drive

Thanassis Silis djnass_18 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 7 06:37:47 PDT 2013

Thank you all for your responses.

I suspect some incompatibility in nfs server - client.
The storage server is running slackware v14 with exports file

       /mnt/lvm starland.skails.home(rw,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash)

,while the client is a linux mint.
and I usually have to do the mounting on mint as

       sudo mount -o vers=3 stargaze:/nfs/lvm /mnt/lvm/

between slackware systems I never need to explicitly set the nfs version .

So with that aside, and having double checked the exports file
I tried 'touch' and 'mkdir' from the client side (of course!). I can create files and folders so I presume I don't have permission problems...

Anyhow, since Gary provided proof that it works over nfs, I'll  keep on looking for the fault.

Otavio, I have already moved the $SSTATE_DIR to this same nfs exported dir , as per your previous suggestion (in an earlier post) but it doesn't seem to be enough.  Either way I am using a VM for the development system so I am already suffering from slow builds even without the nfs. I believe build time will become marginally worse.

Thank you all once again.
Thanassis