[meta-freescale] Merge protocol - proposal

Daiane Angolini daiane.angolini at freescale.com
Tue Jun 4 11:26:55 PDT 2013

I know I'm completely late about "Merge Protocol Proposal" I had said I
would send it 2 weeks after the release. And I do have a lot of excuses
(or runarounds), but it doesn't matter.

Please, see below my proposal for merge protocol. I hope we can get at
least 10 people "voting" on this topic.

Please, let me know what you think.

Regards,
Daiane

*Development branch*

Any development or bug fix MUST be done over master at first. If you
need any bugfix on your stable branch, you MUST fix the same bug on
master, except when it is not applicable to master, for example (e.g:
newer BSP release has fixed the bug).

The standard review window for new features will be of one week, unless
cover letter expands this period. New patch versions expands the review
window by one day.

The standard review window for bugfixes is one day, unless cover letter
expands this period. New patch versions expands the review window by one
day.

In case the patch has no comment, it will be applied after the review
window.

*Stable branch*

No new feature will be accepted

Any bugfix backported to any stable branch will have one week for
review, unless cover letter expands this period.

In case of no comment, the patch will be merged in stable-next branch
(dylan-next, danny-next).

Every friday any patch on stable-next branch will be merged on stable
branch, unless any comment or bug reported. The patches sent to
stable-next must have been applied in master before (unless not applicable).