[meta-freescale] RFC regarding glimagesink

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com
Tue Jul 30 02:06:46 PDT 2013

On Monday, 29 July, 2013 16:06:17 Rogerio Nunes wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Eric Nelson
>
> <eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com> wrote:
> > Hi Rogerio,
> >
> > On 07/29/2013 12:29 PM, Rogerio Nunes wrote:
> >> My apologies, Eric.
> >>
> >> I misread your email the first time.
> >>
> >> I'm trying a clean build now with master-next, but I'm having dependency
> >> issues.
> >> As soon as I fix this I'll look into glimagesink.
> >
> > I had some dependency issues as well, and I had to revert
> > Abhijit's wayland patch (78936c1994cb2db102bd200123be976a7c051b98)
> > to get past them.
> >
> > For some reason, with that patch, I was seeing the wayland version
> > of some libraries, so configure failed on gst-plugins-gl.
>
> That's exactly the same issue I'm having here... no fb* symbols in
> libEGL, so configure fails to link...

I wonder if the fb* symbols should actually vanish?

In a wl enabled version I've tested before I had both, wl_* and fb* symbols.
  .. and IMO this is the right way, because it enabled you to have opengl-
based compositors and wayland-egl based clients with the same libraries.

Also from a include/define perspective only if EGL_API_FB is set, it makes
sense to set WL_EGL_PLATFORM.
quote from eglvivante.h:

#elif defined(LINUX) && defined(EGL_API_FB) && !defined(__APPLE__)

#if defined(WL_EGL_PLATFORM)

Does anyone know the reason why fb* symbols got removed from libEGL-wl.so?

Greet
Thomas