[meta-freescale] gpu-viv-mx6q and libEGL.so/libEGL.so.1

Philip Craig phil at blackmoth.com.au
Fri Jul 26 02:54:11 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Eric Nelson
<eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When running the sample apps in /opt/viv_samples/vdk
> under strace on a frame-buffer only build, I can see that
> something is trying to load libEGL.so (no trailing 1).
>
> Looking at the recipe, I'm not quite grokking how this is
> placed into the image though.
>
> I can see a symlink being created pointing libEGL.so at
> libEGL.so.1 here:
>

> https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm/blob/master/recipes-graphics/gpu-viv-bin-mx6q/gpu-viv-bin-mx6q.inc#L130
>
> Somehow or another, the symlink is ending up in the -dev package
> though:
>
> $ find gpu-viv-bin-mx6q/1_3.0.35-4.0.0-r5.0/packages-split/ \
>         -name libEGL\*
> gpu-viv-bin-mx6q/1_3.0.35-4.0.0-r5.0/packages-split/libegl-mx6-dev/usr/lib/libEGL.so
> gpu-viv-bin-mx6q/1_3.0.35-4.0.0-r5.0/packages-split/libegl-mx6/usr/lib/libEGL.so.1
>
> Can anybody give some guidance on where and how that's happening?

See lines 152 and 153 of gpu-viv-bin-mx6q.inc. If something needs
libEGL.so then this probably needs to be changed to how libgles and
libgles2 are done. It would be nice to document exactly where the
dependency is though so that we know when we can remove the hack once
it is fixed.

> Does anybody know where the missing reference to libEGL.so
> might be coming from? This doesn't appear to be a hard-coded
> linker dependency from any of the sample apps or from the
> other shared libraries.

I can't see the dependency from inspection. What's the exact error message?