[meta-freescale] tslib in fsl-image-gui

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Fri Jul 12 07:53:23 PDT 2013

Le Fri, 12 Jul 2013 10:33:35 -0300,
Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br> a écrit :

> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 6:10 AM, Petr Kolesnikov <petr at kolesnikov.eu> wrote:
> > I went into same issue a few days ago. The tslib is compiled against yocto
> > kernel headers 3.8 while we are using quiet old imx kernel 2.6.35. The
> > EV_VERSION has been incremented in kernel 2.6.37.
> >
> > So there are two approaches. Compile tslib against imx kernel headers, that
> > is most likely the right way. The second (dirty) way is to patch tslib to
> > accept version 0x010000, that is working fine too.
>
> An easier one is to make a patch to 2.6.35 which fixes the EV_VERSION there.

no 2.6.35 has the EV_VERSION value corresponding the the ev API of
this kernel version so that's not the right thing to do.

tslib has this commit which triggers the problem by allowing old kernels
to run tslib compiled with newer headers but not the reverse :
https://github.com/kergoth/tslib/commit/412d99d8b92c12545f939972146a38c5074f3dcb
so for i.MX53 tslib may need a patch to relax the check.

Eric