[meta-freescale] wayland enabled gpu-viv

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com
Wed Jul 10 03:38:33 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 10 July, 2013 9:28:06 Ahsan, Noor wrote:
> So you have modified same gpu-viv recipe that is available in meta-fal-arm
> or created the new one. I am interested to know couple of things here.
> First is why gpu-viv recipe is removing wayland specific things. See
> following
>
>     # FIXME: Remove Wayland contents
>     rm -r ${D}${includedir}/wayland-viv
>     find ${D}${libdir} -name '*-wl.so' -exec rm '{}' ';'
>     rm ${D}${libdir}/*wayland*.so*
>
> so it looks that we can't add wayland stuff in the same recipe or I am
> interpreting something wrong here. Can't we add wayland stuff in the same
> recipe just like we have other stuff for x11 and directfb.

I agree, we should have everything in one recipe.
My best guess why someone removes it: He didn't know what else to do with it,
and then it's good practice to remove 'unless stufff' within recipes.

So solving the 'FIXME' would mean: remove all the 'rm' and move them
accordingly (remove them only if wayland is not in DISTRO_FEATURES and deploy
them otherwise)

> Secondly I see
> gpu-viv-bin-mx6q-3.0.035-4.0.0.bin and gpu-viv-wl-bin-mx6q-3.0.35-4.0.0.bin
> at http://download.ossystems.com.br/bsp/freescale/source/. I compared both
> bin file contents are same so why we have separated it out.

No clue. Anyone from freescale a comment?