[meta-freescale] wayland enabled gpu-viv

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com
Wed Jul 10 02:14:35 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 10 July, 2013 7:16:29 Ahsan, Noor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are working on wayland support on saberlite. I saw that meta-fsl-arm
> layer does not have wayland enabled gpu-viv recipes. May I know what is the
> plan regarding that?

I'm currently overloaded with my imx6-vpu work, but in general I would be
interested in this as well.

What's already there:
 - The drivers releases already include the wayland part
 - If one enables wayland as DISTRO_FEATURE and/or installs it, the protocol
part is also done.

What's missing:
 - within the gpu recipe:
   the same code existing for x, fb and dfb needs to be added for wayland.
 - this will include:
   pkgconfig files: wayland-egl.pc  (which is likely to be a copy of egl.pc)
 ... most likely more then that but I can't recall what else is missing.

So far I've only done this 'manually' by fiddling around with the sysroot and
rootfs ... I hadn't had the time to test a proper recipe way of creating
everything.
Anyway If you need help, let me know.