[meta-freescale] QtMultimedia on i.MX6

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com
Mon Jul 8 00:08:29 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 06 July, 2013 10:09:23 Eric Nelson wrote:
> On 07/06/2013 06:09 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Trevor Woerner
> >
> > <trevor.woerner at linaro.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm guessing/hoping the meta-qt5 layer was used?
> >> http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/layer/meta-qt5/

Nop sorry :)
I'm building out-side of yocto using configure/make/... directly.
It's simpler for me as I'm doing that for a couple of years now and I have the
full environment under control (/I know what I'm doing).
 ... at least for development.

> > Yes and if you use master-next you win a qt5 binding for mx6 as well.
> > I hope to finish testing it and looking at X11 this week so we merge
> > it in master.
>
> Many thanks!

I got a step further. I got gstreamer also running within QtMultimedia, but
using glimagesink seems to be wrong (it still renders directly to framebuffer
which is not what I wanted in the end), but 'glupload' sounds very promising,
just need to get all the puzzle pieces into the right order :)

So there is still some work to do, but I think I know what to do.
I keep you guys posted.