[meta-freescale] menuconfig isn't working

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 03:10:24 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Jess Sheneberger
<jsheneberger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yup, it was a typo.  In this context, what's the difference between
> virtual/kernel and linux-imx?  Are these build targets, or bitbake recipes?
> Sorry for the newb questions.

I understand this way, linux-imx is one implementation of
virtual/kernel. Take a look on the following files:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/conf/machine/include/fsl-default-providers.inc
where linux-imx is defided the "preferred implementation to be used"
for virtual/kernel.

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx.inc
the file is included in linux-imx recipe, and it "inherit kernel" and
it determinates that the recipe provides virtual/kernel

Daiane