[meta-freescale] [qoriq] shouldn't fsl-image-minimal.bb inherit image-types-uboot?

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Sat Jan 5 06:25:30 PST 2013

On 01/02/2013 02:40 PM, McClintock Matthew-B29882 wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Bob Cochran <yocto at mindchasers.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Working from the master branches of both poky and meta-fsl-ppc, I just built
>> a fresh image of fsl-image-minimal and noticed that
>> fsl-image-minimal-<machine>.ext2.gz.u-boot links to a non existent file.
>>
>> Since ext2.gz.u-boot is one of the IMAGE_FSTYPES, I believe the intent is to
>> build a rootfs that is bootable by u-boot.  However, I believe
>> image_types_uboot needs to be inherited in the recipe.
>>
>> Therefore, I modified the recipe to have:
>>
>> inherit core-image image_types_uboot
>>
>> Can someone from Freescale please comment on this?  Do you want the minimal
>> image recipe to build a u-boot bootable rootfs?  If so, I think we want to
>> patch the recipe.
>
> We currently do this in our setup script, it could probably (and
> probably should be) be added somewhere in the layer. Can you send a
> tested patch?
>
> -M

I will, but I'll do it after I resolve a problem in the master branches
that's preventing my p1010rdb from booting. It hangs during (sysv)init,
and I believe it has something to do with /dev/console.

It's hanging up in one of the init scripts, but the frustrating thing is
that neither echo nor set -x are being directed to the console.

Still poking around trying to figure it out.....