[meta-freescale] Build problems in imx233-olinuxino-maxi

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Thu Jan 3 13:09:31 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 3:21 AM, rashid fatah <rashid.1687 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My build for "bitbake linux-imx -c menuconfig" hangs at package 310.
> it stops at these two packages...:
>
> linux-libc-headers-imx-2.6.35.3.-r42.17 do_fetch
> linux-imx-2.6.35.3-r42.17 do_fetch...
>
> Can u please suggest what might be the problem? I have tried in different
> systems containing Debian and Open-suse distros, but the same problem? any
> idea!!!

I bet this is git downloading the repository; it is a huge download
and depending on your broadband speed it can take a while.

You can confirm it:

* start the linux-imx menuconfig or fetch
* run "ps auxf | grep git" in another terminal

You will probably see the git subcommands being called to fetch the
repository contents. You can leave it running and wait (it can really
take some hours) but once it is done (as soon as you preserve your
downloads directory) it won't be fetch again but  reused.

I hope it enlight it a bit more for you now.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br