[meta-freescale] Please review the proposal of FSL Yocto layers reorg

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Thu Feb 28 09:18:55 PST 2013

Le Thu, 28 Feb 2013 16:52:02 +0000,
McClintock Matthew-B29882 <B29882 at freescale.com> a écrit :
> I think you misinterpreted the intent of my statement, the goal is to
> provide the best support we can for the open source versions and get
> feedback as well. However, specifically stating what will be done for
> each release, branch, layer, etc is not something that is a
> deliverable on the open source end and I don't see it happening soon.
> That being said, there is no malicious intent and supporting upstream
> and making it work as well as possible is the ultimate goal so our SDK
> release requires less effort and work.

I may have misinterpreted your statement but it seems you make a
difference between the open source version and the SDK release : isn't
that roughly the same thing when we talk of meta-fsl-* where the SDK
release can be seen as a snapshots of the opensource stable branch at
the date of the release ? If not what are the differences ?

Also, do you plan to sync the public accessible git tree only when you
do a release or will they get the patches in "realtime" ?

Eric